Hansen Law Firm, LLC
Free Initial Consultation

January 2013 Archives

Do I Need a DUI/OWI Lawyer?

Every state in the country has some sort of "drunk driving" legislation. The term "drunk driving" is in quotes because none of these laws require the driver to be drunk or intoxicated to be guilty. All that is required is that your ability to operate a motor vehicle has been impaired to any extent at all, or that your blood alcohol exceeds the state limit, which is now .08%. Some states call it a DUI, DWI, OWI, or OUI. In Indiana, it is most likely called OVWI (operating a vehicle while impaired). The consequences of DUI differ dramatically from state to state and are influenced by your age, blood alcohol content (BAC), prior criminal history and whether you caused injury or death during the operation of a vehicle. Deciding whether or not to hire an attorney is a personal decision. Here are a few things you should consider before hiring an attorney. 

We Are Available 24/7

Contact Us Today For A Free Confidential Consultation

Get Help Now

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy


Hansen Law Firm, LLC
23 S. 8th Street, Suite 300
Noblesville, IN 46060

Fax: 317-219-4455
Map & Directions

Email Us